Thursday, October 18, 2012
My Bologna has a first name..
My Bologna has a first name.... how many people can finish this song? My roommates can. In fact, they can quote this song, the Cherry Hill song, and the entire Shane Company ad. Effective advertising. So then for fun I asked my friends and family the first thing that popped into their head when I said advertising song or slogan. "Give me a Break" from Kit Kat. "He went to Jareds" from Jareds. "Put a smile on" from McDonald's (this was before they changed to I'm Lovin it). "Maybe She's Born with It" from Maybelline. "Every Kiss Begins with Kay" from Kay Jewelers. Crazy right? Catchy songs and slogans have a "stickiness" factor that Malcom Galdwell talks about in his books. The advertisements become more memorable when using this principle. I think that it is so interesting that you can recall so much more information because of a song or slogan. What great advertising!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment